Desert Island Poems 2014
Lord Phillips of Sudbury with Dr Ronald Blythe
14 March 2014
Desert Island Poems 2014 with Lord Phillips of Sudbury being interviewed by Dr Ronald Blythe was held in the Friends Meeting House, Sudbury.
The poems were read by members of SPS, and Peter Durrent provided piano music to keep things fresh.
Lord Phillips’ choice of poems, and the readers, were:
- Ian Griffiths reading ‘Fern Hill’
- Frank Wood reading ‘Coy Mistress’
- Doreen French reading ‘Commemoration Banquet’ by Lord Phillips
- Richard Whiting reading Charles Sorley
- Florence Cox reading the ‘Epitaph to Edward SHERLAND’
- Joe Hobbs reading ‘The Village Paupers’
- Jenny Chantler reading ‘The World Is Too Much With Us’
- Alison Dart reading ‘Death The Leveller’
- Margaret Stagg reading W H Davies
- Marguerite Wood reading ‘The Old Vicarage, Grantchester’.